Friday 13 January 2017

Holiday at Grandma's

I can't believe that we are already half way through our summer holidays.  This year school finished just a few days before Christmas,  so it felt like a big rush with Aaron's birthday and then Christmas straight after.   From Christmas night we stayed at my Mum's house for five days.

Because we had just finished school and work for the year I just felt so tired all of a sudden. When I'm working every day and racing around I'm fine, but as soon as I stop I struggle to get going again (and often get sick, but touch wood I've been okay so far).   We had lots of time lazing around and having lots of nanna naps (test match cricket would put me to sleep even if I wasn't tired!) and it was so nice to have someone to share the cooking with for once!
 
Every day we headed down to the beach with the dogs for a walk and a swim. 
We love it when the tide is out and we can walk over to the island.  The little pools of water are always so warm, so we often just end up sitting in them for ages.
Milly and Josie just love being together. When we came home both of them were actually very depressed (very quiet and just lying around) for a few days.
Santa brought Kobe and Harri (Jalen is not a fan of swimming or the beach in general so Santa knew not to bring him one) a snorkel and flipper set each.  Kobe loved exploring with them. 
I always feel so good when I'm at the beach and could walk for ages.  I wish I had the same motivation when I'm at home.
 
 
One day we went into Devonport to go to the movies.  This time of the year is so pretty in Tasmania with all the poppies flowering.
I just had to stop to get a photo of this on the way. 
Another day Mum and I went out for lunch at the Tasmanian Food and Wine Conservatory.  We had heard lots of people raving about it and wanted to see what all the fuss was about. 
We had a platter to share and it was amazing! It tasted even better than it looked.  The flavours were incredibleMum went back today with some friends for her birthday, and I can't want to go again.
We had a lovely time at Mum's and had to get back home as Jay had to work.  It's always hard to leave the beach, but we also love being home in our own beds and have been busy doing lots of fun things close to home as well.  We just wish that school holidays would slow down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...