Sunday 27 November 2016

The Aaron King Oval

Back in May Harri, Kobe and I went along to Kings Meadows High School when they reopened their oval which had been redeveloped.   We were blown away that the school had wanted to rename the oval after Aaron and felt very honored to be there at the official opening with the mayor. 

On Friday I saw the teacher from Kings Meadows High who had asked me what I thought about naming it after Aaron and he told me that the sign had been put up last week.  Yesterday Kobe and I went up to the school to check it out.   I love the wording that they put on it.

I couldn't stop thinking all day about how stoked Aaron would be about it.  He loved the school so much and was loved by his colleagues and students.  He was obsessed with so many sports so it really is the perfect way to remember him.  Today all of us went up to the oval so that Jay and Harri could also see it. 

Harri and Kobe were keen to have a kick of the footy. 

Jay was happy to sit in the sun :)

Kobe was excited to find a cricket ball but we left it on the oval, hoping that the students will find it tomorrow.
We feel so honored that the school would do such a beautiful gesture and are so happy that his name will continue to live on at the school for many years to come.  I'm sure we will be back a lot for a kick on the weekend or after school. 

1 comment:

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...