Tuesday 13 September 2016

17

Now that Facebook brings up your memories every day I have to laugh as it brings up all my old links to my blog posts from past years.  Yesterday there were three blog links and they all pretty much said the same thing...'I can't believe my baby is 10', I can't believe I have a 13 year old', 'I can't believe I have a 16 year old'.  

But seriously....how am I old enough to have a 17 year old!?  Today at school one of the Kinder girls told me she could guess how old I was.  I asked her what her guess was and she said 26 and I told her she was amazing to get it right the first time! I actually feel 26 but then I also feel 56 at other times.  When I was 17 I moved to the USA to live for a year and felt so grown up, so it's hard to believe that Jay is the same age that I was then, and I can't imagine at all letting him go off overseas! I think I was very lucky that Mum and Dad trusted me enough to leave them for a little while to live so far away.  

Jay wasn't at all like Harri on his birthday as I had to wake him up to open his presents before school.
After school we went to Hogs Breath for tea with some of his 'Squad'.
I cracked up at Mel's card to him as she had KingJazza9 written on the front which was Jay's old YouTube channel that he started not long after Aaron died.   It was a great distraction for him at the time, but he has since deleted all the videos and has a great laugh about his squeaky voice that he had back then. His squad love to tease him about it now.
The Cupcake Fairy made Jay his cake and was lovely and dropped it off  earlier at Hogs Breath for us.  They asked her whose birthday it was and when we walked in they had a 'happy birthday' sign on the table for him. 
 Kobe and Harri absolutely love Jay's friend Rani and he is very patient with them :)
Kobe has a little crush on Skye and was cracking us all up as he was giving her a massage!
 Mel, Zoe, Rani and Skye all went to High School with Jay, so it's lovely that they're all going to the same 'college' (year 11 and 12) together still.
When we arrived one of the waiters asked me if I wanted them to sing to him when they brought out the cake. I told him he would hate it and so yes they should!
 Jay cracked up at the little pink hog that they had put on his cake.


Just before we went out for tea our friend Alison came around to give Jay a birthday present.  She gave him a Polaroid camera which he thought was very cool.
 It was a race to see who could Instagram it first :)
Now I really can't believe that my baby is 17! I wish time could slow down as I don't want to have to think about Uni and P plates just yet.  If only things could stay just the way they are right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...