Friday 13 February 2015

Love After Loss

A long time ago I was interviewed by Sarah Weyland via Skype, for a magazine article in Mindfood Magazine.  She is a counsellor and freelance writer and wanted to interview me about love after loss.  She was wonderful to talk to and totally understood it when I told her I don't ever want to get remarried

Sarah kept apologising as she had expected the article would've been in a long time ago, and I actually forgot about it until last week, when she sent me a message saying her friend had spotted the article in this month's magazine.
I was excited and nervous to read it, but she did a great job and it was interesting to read the other points of view from the other women she interviewed.

Thank you Sarah for asking me to be a part of it, and letting me share some of my story (hopefully you can click on the pic to make it larger to read).

1 comment:

  1. That's a nice article. Well done. Superstar!
    Did you see this in an article on ldsmag? It's a little of the article...I really liked it.
    Makes you think....


    Many years ago, I had a dear friend, (I’ll call her Jane), who lost her husband to a sudden illness leaving her with TEN children at home, under the age of 17. It was a brutal blow. To make matters worse, the payment to their insurance policy wasn’t received in time, and therefore no money was obtainable in a settlement. Without warning, she was forced to carry the entire financial as well as emotional burden of her large family. What was she going to do? How was she going to do it?

    As she was agonizing about her situation, she had a powerful spiritual experience. She unexpectedly heard her dead husband’s voice. He was speaking as if from the pre-existence, and she heard him say, “I will go down. I will marry Jane and we will have ten children. I will then die, so that Jane can learn to understand the Atonement!”

    This experience that Jane shared with me, made a profound effect on me over the years, and I’ve pondered on it many times. This woman was a woman of tremendous faith, and the experience made her into a fortress. So many people were brought into her life to help her, filling every need.

    She felt the Lord’s hand all along the way, with what seemed like an impossible, and overwhelming situation. She DID learn to understand the At-one-ment little by little as she continually submitted her ALL to the Lord. She felt her pain and circumstances “swallowed up” in Christ, as she experienced His tender mercies. What she received was directly proportional to that which she relinquished.


    Nic in nz

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...