Sunday 21 September 2014

The Possum Tree 2014

For the past nine years, I have taken my boys photo in front of the same tree and I was hoping to do the same this year.  They still humour me, by letting me take their photo there and I'm hoping they'll let their old Mum do it for many more years.   It's known to us as the 'Possum tree' because we used to call it the 'blossom tree' but Harri thought we were saying 'possum' so we stuck with it. 

I almost kicked myself today when I drove past one of our old houses, and saw that the tree out the front had already blossomed a while ago.  I just couldn't go past taking one this year, even though most of the blossoms have already gone.
2013
This was taken not long after we got Milly. I think I was still looking at her thinking 'what have I done!!?'. 
2012
The first 'possum tree' photo since Noah and Aaron passed away.  I really noticed how Harri was catching up to Jalen's height this year, but now Jay has started taking off again. 
2011
This photo was taken just a month before Noah passed away.  He wasn't well, but we had no idea what was coming.
 
 2010
Poor Noah was still using his wheelchair that was way too small for him, while we waited for funding for his new one. 
 
 2009
How cute were Harri and Kobe!?
 
 2008
Definitely not the best photo, but I remember thinking 'just don't drop Kobe!' as I quickly snapped it, and couldn't get a better one because Harri kept grizzing that the sun was in his eyes.  It's funny the things you remember.  
2007
Such cuties. I miss having them this small.
2006
I remember looking out our lounge room window, and seeing how pretty the tree was so I dragged the boys out for a photo.  Who would've thought that nine years later I would still be doing it! 
Hopefully next year I'll catch the tree when it's in full blossom.  I'm definitely slipping! I bet Aaron was laughing at me today when I was cursing myself for missing it!
 
It's so fun and also sad to look back and see how much the boys have changed and grown, and how our family has changed.  I feel like we are in a much better place right now than we were even a year ago, and it's hard to imagine if and how things will be different even in one more year, but I hope that this time next year, we can reflect back on a good year. 

3 comments:

  1. I love the Possum Tree pics! So fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love traditions such as this :) Oh how they grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove your boys. It's amazing how you make such beautiful memories ♡

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...