Friday 5 April 2013

The Best Present Ever

The other day I remembered the best Christmas present that I was given which I hadn't shared on my blog.   The boys each made me a card, and this is the card that Jay gave me.  I'm always onto him about his writing, but I didn't care that it was his usual messy handwriting - what he wrote meant so much to me.  It was the best Christmas present ever and if I only got that I would've been the happiest Mum ever.
Things are pretty hard right now and sometimes it's hard to know whether the decisions I am making for my boys, in trying to help them deal with their own grief, are the right ones.  This just reminds me that the boys do appreciate things I do and say, even though sometimes they think it's too hard at the time. 

We will get there together and I hope that we can look back in the future and see how far we have come together, because without my boys I couldn't do it either.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that its been a hard week. Your boys love you so much and it's sweet to see their tender notes and drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am interested in painting our master shower like you did. Was it easy? Is it a frequently used shower and is the painting holding up ok without peeling? Thanks Tina Jones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina - you must follow me on Instagram? :) Yes it was SO easy and it looks great and isn't peeling at all. We use that shower a number of times a day. My cousin told me they did theirs about 5 years ago and it's still holding up really well. Good luck!

      Delete
  3. The sentiment in that Christmas card is beautiful! This is something to treasure forever, and I know your heart must be swelling with pride because of the thoughtfulness of Jalen. Children just make your heart melt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a great mum and your boys do appreciate everything you do for them. How could they not?

    What a beautiful message this card gives you. It is so special and precious when children write the words straight from their heart.

    From Susan McGuire, Sydney :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this... messy writing... doctors have messy writing!

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...