Friday 30 November 2012

NOAHvember

When my friend Simone reminded me that it was time again for 'NOAHvember' I wasn't sure whether or not I would continue on with what Aaron started last year on Noah's memorial page on Facebook.   I'm so glad that I did though, because I have loved going through my (thousands!) of photos on my computer to find a new photo to post every day. 

All of the photos make me smile when I see his gorgeous face, but they also make me sad as I see the changes in him as he got older and more tired.   I love looking at the photos from around 2006/2007 as he was really well and happy then. 

I have so many beautiful videos of Noah and this is definitely one of my favourites that I shared during NOAHvember.  Jay used to love it when he could make him giggle when he was much younger.  


I miss him so much and when I look at his photos I just want to reach through the screen and touch his soft face, and run my fingers through his hair and give him a big rub on the legs to make him smile. It feels like he has been gone for so long now and the memories of the daily routine is slowly fading. I wish so much I was busy making up meds and feeds, doing physio, massaging, showering, toileting and dressing him, and sitting on the couch with him telling him heavy he was getting. 

More than that I wish I was telling Aaron off for carrying him from the lounge room to our bedroom, because I was worried he was going to hurt his back. I used to ask him every night if he wanted to do a two person lift, but Aaron always insisted that he wanted to do it on his own. 

I just miss them both so much.

These are the photos that I shared on Noah's memorial page on Facebook during NOAHvember. 


I'm sad that NOAHvember is over, so be prepared for more photos and videos of Noah. I have so many that we took before I started blogging and would love to keep on my blog, so will be posting more in the future. 

19 comments:

  1. So beautiful Lisa and very touching. Why is it that even though I've never met your family or Noah I get teary when I read your posts and especially this one? Thank you for continuing to Share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all the photos and videos of Noah's. He sure had a beautiful smile, sweet brown eyes and gorgeous dark hair. Such a precious boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny. He was pretty handsome :) xxx

      Delete
  3. beautiful, love seeing all the pics and video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet boy is your son Noah. I understand why you are missing him so much. Love to see the pictures and the video of you're sons.
    I will give you a lot of love, it's so hard to miss him and you're husband.
    Dineke(from Holland)(sorry for my English:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your English is great! Thank you for you lovely comments.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you have such wonderful photos to hold you over until you see him again one day.

    They are golden.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa,

    Please keep sharing. The video with Jay and "cheecky" is precious and what valuable memories they are for you and the boys. I, too, don't even know you but I wish I could do something for you to make all the pain go away. I'll just continue to keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a sweet video. I love your family and think of you often, even though (like many here), I don't "know" you. I hope through all your sorrow, you can feel the love and prayers of people throughout the world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That video is just gorgeous. Am sure you must treasure it. Jay and Noah so obviously close and loving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How precious. What a gift Noah is to all of us, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. (that and this was from Jessica, Ben's wife :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love your new header! Don't think I've posted before but just had to say how much I have enjoyed all your pictures of Noah. Thank you for sharing him with us. You could do something similar in January for Aaron since that is the month that he died. You could call it Jaaronary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just came across your blog from Ashley. So glad she shared about you and loved your beautiful post! My son had a brain injury when he was 2 and although his situation is not the exact same as your sweet Noah...I know what it's like to do all those things...prepare meds, food, bath, etc. He is only 4now but is getting so heavy. Both me and my husbands backs constantly hurt from holding him but he loves it so much...I don't ever want to stop. I dread the day when I physically can't do it anymore. I shared a poem just recently on my blog and I feel it fits your sweet Noah perfectly. If you have a chance read it www.zachandtessie.blogspot.com
    We have such brave and special boys!! I love and admire you even though I have never met you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all of these pictures and especially loved seeing them pop up on my facebook. Thinking of you often. Big hugs and prayers mama!

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...