Wednesday 31 October 2012

Three in the Bed

I've finally figured out why Aaron and I ended up buying a king sized bed a few years ago.  It wasn't so we could spread out - it was so I could have enough room in my bed for two little boys.

Harri is still sleeping in bed with me every night which I'm okay with but the last few weeks Kobe has had an awful cough.  It's okay during the day but gets really bad at night.  Usually by 11 pm he ends up sleeping in my bed too because it's much easier to help him when he's in my bed, than going back and forth to his room. Thank goodness for having a king sized bed, so it's not too squashy with these two in there.

Poor Kobes has been coughing so much that sometimes he vomits on himself, which means changes of clothes during the night.  He often ends up with different tops and bottoms on.  This was him last week on the bathroom floor as I had a shower one morning.  He has been so tired from all the coughing during the night.

As much as I love my boys, hopefully it won't be long till there are just two of us in the bed again so we can all get a decent nights sleep.

4 comments:

  1. It certainly does take it's toll on you when you have little ones sick in your bed. Hoping you are all back to normal routine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a long time for a cough to go one. I assume you've checked to see it's gone into bronchitis and he needs an antibiotic. My son coughed and coughed for weeks and it turned out once that he had walking pneumonia. Once he started taking an antibiotic the cough went away quickly.

    My other thought is that he might be having some asthma.

    Anyway, sorry to be acting like a nurse or something, but just hoping you get yourself some sleep soon!

    =)

    PS. My offering today is a Halloween story poem if you'd like to take a look before the 31st passes us by:

    Halloween Horror: A Ghostly Tale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa....I have been a long time reader of your blog and admirer of your strength in the face of such sorrow. You are an inspiration.

    An old remedy that my Nan once told me for night coughs is to cut an onion into rings and place it in a bowl, sprinkle it with RAW sugar (must be raw sugar) and place it near the person that has the cough.
    If they are watching TV, place it beside them or in bed - wherever they are.
    We use it all through those winter coughs and colds and although it doesn't cure the cold it helps relieve the symptoms.
    Hope that helps and that your little man is on the mend again soon
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwh that one of Kobe on the floor in the bathroom - he looks so tired, poor little man. I hope he feels better real soon. xx

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...