Thursday 27 September 2012

Families are Forever

While we were in Sydney we took the opportunity to visit the temple a couple of times.   It's always lovely to visit such a beautiful, peaceful place.   The Sydney temple is actually where Aaron and I were married almost 17 years ago and Jay and I felt Aaron around a lot while we were there. 

Being there again the first time without him brought up so many emotions, but it was nice to be there with the boys and remind them how much it meant to us to be married there, especially now.


After visiting the temple one day we then dropped in to visit my beautiful cousins Carli and Filipa (who live right next door to each other). 

 Thanks for the yummy muffins Carli :)


 It was so lovely to meet Fil and Chris' beautiful daughter Poppy for the first time.


When I was young Carli and Fil lived up the road from us and we were all very close as cousins, and used to see each other almost every day.  The last time I had seen them was at Aaron's funeral which they came down for, so it was so nice to catch up with them again when things weren't so crazy.

Thank you so much to everyone who has been voting for me in the Top 25 Aussie Mum Bloggers competition.  It means so much to know that so many people feel that my blog is worthy of being in the top 25.   I don't blog to get readers but started it as a family record, but I'm happy that others are coming to read about my boys here on earth and my two in Heaven.  It helps me to know that they won't be forgotten.  

There are still 8 days left to vote, so if you would like you can vote once every 24 hours by going here (there is also a link on the top right side of my blog which takes you to the page to vote).   Thank you again.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try again...The temple does look like a beautiful, peaceful place. How gorgeous is Poppy? What a cutey :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anytime! So grateful for cousins who are always there, and always will be x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been following your blog for a few months now. Just wanted to let you know that I think that you are amazing. I admire you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the temple :) So happy you felt Aaron so close by :) love you xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never commented on your blog before, but have been following for a few months. I am from Utah, USA. You have a beautiful family. I am amazed at how strong you are. The gospel is a beautiful thing. What a blessing it is for you knowing you will live with your family again. Thank you for the inspiration you have been in my life.
    (My father in law served his mission in Sydney, Australia. We decided to name our youngest daughter Sydney, after the place we have heard so many wonderful things about.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live next door to my sister too :) Poppy is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...