Thursday 10 May 2012

Two Lives, Two Boxes

It was hard enough putting all of Noah's special things into a blanket box, knowing that there were so many special memories, photos and items all put in one box.  It was hard to know that after ten years on earth, all of his special things could fit into a box.

Our bedroom changed a lot after Noah passed away and we gave away his hospital bed, and took back his other equipment. It was the first time that we had ever had a 'normal' bedroom, and the first time we'd ever had the bedroom to ourselves in ten years (until Harri decided to join us).   It wasn't a change that we liked though.

Although I still have all of Aaron's things, I just wanted to sort them out early on.   It was hard to open up the wardrobe and see all of his clothes in their usual spots - like he could just walk in the bedroom and put them on.  I have since put all of his clothes to the top of the wardrobe and went out and bought another blanket box, and put all of his extra special things into it.  Although it's bigger than Noah's it was over flowing with things as he was very sentimental and kept a lot of things, which I'm so grateful for now.  He has such beautiful cards from students, messages they have written in books, cards from the boys, photos, old records, his old teddy 'Woody' from when he was a baby and lots of sports geurnseys which I will hold onto for the boys.


Noah's box now sits at the end of my bed. 

And Aaron's box is sitting at the opposite wall with all of Noah's special teddys on the top, with the wall sticker that Makayla gave us above it.   It's crazy to think that almost forty years of someone's life is in one box.

I actually don't even look through the boxes at all as it's just too hard right now, but I'm glad that I have sorted their special things out early as I know everything inside them, the boys and I will treasure for the rest of our lives.

8 comments:

  1. There are simply no words - I wish there were. Even though Noah's special things fit in a box, is strength and influence on us all will always be boundless. I am so glad too that Aaron held onto everything so that the boys and you can remember just how much he made the days count. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in with those other three girls, love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you and keep you and your precious boys! You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Gwyneth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your words are ever so beautiful Lisa. Even when writing about the most difficult things life has to offer you are so full of grace and poise. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes you think your heart couldn't be more broken, and then.... you find that it can break a bit more.
    It is hard to imagine that Aaron's life fits into that box, but then again his whole life has affected and changed us completely.
    Noah has affected me in a different way, I have learnt, that even without words or a hug, that your life can be affected by just being in that special person's presence.
    It must be so hard to realize that your life will never be the same again.
    I love you.
    Mum.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sad to see the two boxes, but Aaron and Noah are so much more than what fits inside.
    Love you heaps.
    The sticker looks lovely in your bedroom, especially above the canvas of Noah :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...