Saturday 5 May 2012

Falls with Friends

Today the boys and I headed to Liffey Falls to meet up with an old friend that I grew up with. Rachelle and I went to school and church together as kids, and spent a lot of time together.   We even both spent the same year in the USA as teenagers (but in different states).   She now lives in Melbourne, but we still catch up from time to time, whenever she is back 'home' visiting Tassie.  It was lovely to have her come to Noah's funeral, but she couldn't make it to Aaron's as she just got back home from the USA.

It was nice to catch up with her today though, a few months after it has all happened, and to do something fun together.  She came with her son Eli who is the same age as Harri and they got along great. She also came with her friends Min and Nick and their gorgeous son Arlo. It was lovely to meet them.


Rachelle was just like me snapping photos of all the beautiful things we saw.












It was nice to get out with the boys, although Kobe was a pain and wouldn't walk very far on his own (again!).


Jay hasn't been feeling very well physically (most likely because of everything he is going through emotionally) so he was exhausted by the end of it, even though the walk isn't that hard.






Harri had the best day. It's always nice to see him so happy after everything that has happened.

It's always nice to go there and I'm always amazed as to how beautiful it is.

I realised how unfit I am now after hardly going to the gym, and eating way too much crap.  I wish I had the energy and motivation to do something about it, but I'm sure that will come in time.

As we drove home I just had to pull over to take a photo of the amazing sunset. This photo isn't even photoshopped - it was incredible.

It was a lovely way to spend the day, especially as the weekends are so hard and long at the moment.

9 comments:

  1. Great photos Lee.
    We really are blessed to live in such a beautiful place as Tassie.
    I just noticed how the boys are starting to look so different from each other.
    I'm glad you had a happy day with Rachelle and the boys.
    Love Mum.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool are those photos, we had a Tassie visit and went to the very spot. I wish I was still on my Tassie holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing photos .... nature is so awesome .... you can see Heavenly Father's hand in all things. What a beautiful place to visit. Next time I'm in Tasmania, I must ask Vicki to take me there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great you enjoyed your time with your friend. Wonderful photo of the sunset and I love the photo of you capturing jay capturing with the iPhone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures, and so glad that you had a fun day. It helps to do fun things to keep your mind in a happy state, and I know how difficult that is for all of you. Glad the boys had fun, even though Kobe had to hitch a ride. You are amazing, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you had a good day with your boys. The scenery was beautiful. I'm so sorry for Jay, and the struggles he's having emotionally. He's at such a young and tender age. All of you are in my prayers.
    Sending you love from the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish the weekends weren't so hard, well everyday I imagine must be hard, but harder than the weekdays. xx

    that sunset - wow it was breath taking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the scenery! It is really stunning! Hope Jay starts feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...