Saturday 11 December 2010

A Special Assembly

On Thursday Kobe and I headed to Noah's special school for their end of year assembly. It isn't his usual day at that school, so Di also came down from his other school so we could watch him participate.

It's always a very special assembly. It's lovely seeing all the kids together as we celebrate the year that they have had together with Christmas singing, acts, presentations and a powerpoint presentation of photos of the kids throughout the year.

Every year the kids are presented with a book. Noah's award was for being more attentive and alert during class (or something like that). One of the parents and I were cracking up laughing as Noah was starting to doze off as they were presenting it to him - he looked anything but attentive and alert!

We were also laughing as they were singing one of the songs. as Noah's hat was being knocked off by one of the teachers, and she had no clue. We were just about wetting ourselves laughing.



Kobe had lots of fun playing in the back with Will.

He always loves going to Noah's school as there are so many fun things to do there.

The last act was a story told by one of the teachers that the kids participated in. One of the kids got to throw fake snow, which Kobe loved throwing over Noah afterwards.

The powerpoint presentation of kids photos throughout the year always brings tears to the parents eyes. It's always sad when we have to say goodbye to one of the kids because they have turned 18 during the year, and can't go to school full time anymore.
I hate to think that it may happen with Noah, as I can't imagine him not being able to go to school full time, but then I hate to think of the alternative even more, so I just try not to think about it.

For now I'm just grateful that he gets a choice of attending both a special and also a mainstream school, and that he is able to be involved so well with other kids who are just like him, and also with kids who love him because he is so special.

5 comments:

  1. SO CUTE! I love that boy. :) And I'm laughing at YOU laughing at the teacher knocking Noah's hat off. Funny. I was also cracking up at the fact that he was looking so NOT alert during his presentation. Funny boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that photo of Noah checking out Kobe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so glad it was good! I REALLY wanted to go but had to work. I did one of the slideshows :D glad it was enjoyed. All those kids are awesome. I wish I was still there, everyday is so much fun! I love it how Noah sleeps so much, its so funny! And thats just gold seeing Murphy knowck Noahs hat off!! Love it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great, love the pic of Noah and Kobe :)

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...