Sunday 26 July 2009

Friends in the Murder House

It's hard to believe that it has been a year since we have seen Justine and Declan. One good thing about winter is that it's the end of the school year for Justine and Declan in Jakarta, which means they get to come home for a little while to catch up with family and friends.

Over a week and a half ago I was home with Noah who was sick with a chest infection. I heard a knock at the door which I thought was strange as we don't usually get someone coming at that time of the day except for the mailman, and I wasn't expecting anything. It was one of those days where you know you are stuck home all day with 3 kids, so I was dagging around with my trackies and uggies and there were toys everywhere. Imagine my shock when I opened the door and there was Justine, Declan and little Felix who we hadn't met yet!! I was so excited to see them and told them they could've given me some warning, so I didn't look like such a bogan! :)

The funniest thing ever was that Jus and Declan are looking for an investment property and were actually just about to look at the house across the road - the 'murder house'!!! I of course told them the story of the double murder in the house a few years ago and Declan asked if I would really be worried about living in a house like that. I said I would as we had seen a lot of the going ons there the night it happened - police cars, forensics, the bodies being carried out, the weapon being carried out and the family distraught out the front of the house. He said he didn't think he would be worried about it.

Just as they were about to go to meet the real estate agent I decided to join them and go and have a look at the house (since we are looking to buy - not that I would buy it, but was curious to see what it was like as it is cheap for the area). Declan and I were just about wetting ourselves inside trying to act cool, calm and collected when we were inside.

As we were about to leave the real estate agent gives us the spill about how they didn't have a legal obligation, but had a moral obligation to let us know there had been a tragedy in the house a few years ago and how a couple were murdered by his son in the house. When we got out both Declan and I were relieved to be out as it was just a horrible feeling to be in there - even Declan said so and he felt okay about even buying it before he went in. So that was quite an exciting adventure for a day of being stuck at home - seeing some old friends again and going into the 'murder house'.

Oh - and in case you are wondering - neither of us will be buying the 'murder house'! :)

10 comments:

  1. Oh - I was so sure you were going to say they bought it, and I was going to say you'd have to stop calling it "The Murder House"! It's good tat the real estate agents told you - I didn't think they would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewwww....Creepy Crawly hair standing up on my neck kinda house. Don't think I could buy it either course I'm the biggest chicken ever!

    Trina and Jophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow thats kinda scary! No way would i live in that house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so funny, Declan was telling us about this! Must have been horrible for you guys to see all of that too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Helicoptor!! I only just read about this murder house from when you blogged it! I would'nt go in there... !! I would be freakin' out big time....! wowzers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great buy that house would be.....so cheap and a great fix er upper...render the outside...solid as a rock...gut the inside and totally renovate ...wow it would be sensational....all you "scardiecats" just needs to be dedicated thats all...its just bricks and mortar...come on now ...ghosts cant hurt you....thats if there are ghosts there????

    But i wouldnt live in it..he he

    ReplyDelete
  7. so the house is empty right now then??? what a great place to have a Stake YW "Spooky House" sleep over. How many would go do you reckon?

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny! That would be someting I would do sticky beak at the famouse murder house. Must admit I did drive by after the terrible goings on just to check it out. Not suprising that it had a horrible feelin about it with everything those wallks have seen! Just think your very own Amity Ville horror house!!!!!!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will admit that I have looked in the windows for ghosts when I go out after work!!! Eeeeek! I would not have liked to have gone in either.
    That's really good of the agent to tell you, though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. and the verification word was 'gurni'.. like 'gurney'. How creepy!

    ReplyDelete

We are so grateful for everyone's love and support, and appreciate your comments xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...